How to Commission a Painting
If you have a special painting in mind contact us! We will be happy to do a unique oil painting just for you. Did you have a dream, experience or place that you would like translated into a painting?
If you see a painting in our collection you like, but that painting has already sold or you would like it in a different size, we will be happy to do a similar one for you as a commissioned oil painting.
When you contact us be sure to include the following information. It will assist us with your quote.
Information to include:
- What is the approximate size of the painting you have in mind?
- What is the subject matter? (Landscape, Seascape, Still Life, Figures, Animals, etc.) Be descriptive or send digital photos via email.
- Would you want us to frame the painting for you before shipping it?
- Plus include anything else you feel we might need to know.
What we will then need from you to begin:
- Signed contract. Once the details have been worked out, we will email you a commission contract for you to sign and mail back with your deposit.
- Your deposit. A non-refundable deposit of 20% of the quote will be applied toward the total purchase price of your painting. The deposit covers the cost of time and materials used to begin your painting.
- A good clear photo of the subject matter, if applicable, as you want it to appear in your painting.
What you will receive from us:
- Initial sketch. A rough sketch of the composition of the painting will be emailed to you for approval.
2. Progress reports. We will send email updates on the progress of your painting, so that you can see it as it develops.
3. Completed painting. Upon final approval, your painting will be shipped to you UPS ground, with appropriate insurance unless delivery or pick-up is feasible.
Please get in touch if you're interested in commissioning a painting: